Saturday, October 22, 2005

It's in the what??!!?

What a wonderful 2 weeks its been since I last posted. I'm sorry, I was on holiday. But I have some nice little stories lined up.

Gmail (again) to GoogleMail?
Gmail have started giving UK residents the email address '@googlemail.com' because someone has trademarked it our something. Smart idea probably, someone willw alk out of this rich. Read the Google articile Here
Now that will affect a lot of people, I would much rather have @gmail.com than @googlemail.com.
Anyway I have discovered that Ipod shuffles are water proof! It was an accidental discovery though, I left my Ipod in my jeans and put them in the wash. Then I saw my poor iPod being flung around in the washing machine so I turned it off and opened the door and got soaked. Then I put the iPod in a warm dry place and checked the warranty. Unfirtunately it dosen't cover accidental washings. But it dried out an works fine, the buttons are a little stiff though.
I saw this story on Digg, it was on the main page so wasn't that hard. Anyway a company called Optware have made a disc, called HVD (Holographic Vertasile Disc), that can hold up to 3.9 Terabytes. At the moment it is only 1TB, but it has 1Gbps transfer rate. This is some disc but I saw somewhere that each HVD would cost around $10000000000. I'll but two then. Anyway if these can be produced cheaply then Blu-Ray and HD-DVD will die before they start.

-Laus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home